Here is a home study course for those who still hunger for the romance of airline flying
1. Stay out of bed all night.
2. Sit in your most uncomftable chair, in a closet, for nine or ten hours, facing a four foot panaramic photo of a flight deck.
3. Have 3 or 4 noisy vacuum cleaners on high, out of sight but within hearing distance and operating throughout the night, if a vacuum cleaner fails, do the appropriate restart checklist.
4. Half way through your nocturnal simulator course, arrange for a bright light to shine in your face for 2 or 3 hours simulating flying eastbound into a sunrise
5. Have bland overcooked food served on a tray halfway through the night.
6. Have cold cups of coffee delivered from time to time. Have your spouse slam the door frequently.
7. At the time you need to answer natures call, force yourself to stand outside the bathroom door for at least ten minutes, transferring your weight from leg to leg, easing your discomfort. Don't forget to wear your hat.
8. Leave your closet after the prescribed nine or ten hours, turn on your sprinklers and stand in the cold and 'rain' for twenty minutes, simulating the wait for the crew car.
9. Head for the bedroom wet and with your suitcase and flightbag. Stand outside your door untill your wife gets up and leaves,
simulating the wait while the maid makes up the hotel room
10. When your wife enquires 'just what the hell have you been doing?' just say 'fullfilling the dream of flying to exotic places' as you fall into bed
11. If you are a purist, make this a two- day trip instead of a turn around, and do this two night in a row.
hope you enjoy your sim session!!