Suddenly, it's time to do this again!
We'll be posting the top ten photos submitted for the January issue in a photo gallery on the main EAA website sometime next week ... but you'll have to wait and see the magazine for yourself to see who won!
In the meantime, start sending in your submissions for February!
As before, here's how it all works:
- First, you’ll take a great photo, one that evokes the spirit of aviation. Feel free to include a caption or any other notes about the setting, subject matter, etc. The "spirit of aviation" is a broad definition - show us pictures OF aircraft, pictures taken FROM aircraft, people thinking ABOUT aircraft ... well, as long as it's obvious ... anyway, you get the idea.
- Then, you’ll reply to this thread and embed the picture in your post.
- As our deadline approaches each month, the photo submissions will be reviewed by the editorial team (and me!), and we will choose a winner to be published in the magazine (with full and appropriate credit, naturally.)
- We’ll contact the photographer directly to arrange for their submission of a print-quality version of the winning photo (see below.) We’ll also provide the basic legalese at that point to ensure that we have the rights to publish the photo.
There are a few things to point out:
- Note that, above, we said you’ll take the photo – submissions must be made by the original photographer.
- While we will be choosing the winners ourselves, we are, in fact, human beings, and certainly wouldn’t ignore a picture if it had an unusually high “thumbs-up” count or a lot of positive comments here in the forum.
- Photos must be posted here to be considered – email submissions will not be accepted.
- In addition, the pictures you post here will be automatically resized for web viewing, which means they won’t be of a high-enough resolution for print. So, in order for your picture to be considered for publication, you must be able to provide a high resolution print-ready version on request.
- This means that the original should ideally be 8 Megapixels (~3264 x 2448) or higher.
Enter as many pictures as you like – the more the merrier!
Most of my kidding aside, it may be “my” page, but it’s your magazine, so we hope you’ll be as excited as we are to show off your photography!
The deadline for submissions to the February, 2010 issue is
December 15, 2009.