Obviously EAA thought this out in the planning, but for the sake of discussion......
How many DC-3's are available to make the trip next year?
Does anyone have a realistic number or idea of how many COULD plan on making the trip? I am actually looking forward to seeing this.
Now, if we could just get them to do a heritage flight with a C-17......
2. FAA N34
3. American Flagship Detroit
4. Southern Cross
5. American Airpower's D-Day C-47 "D8"
6. CAF "Bluebonnet Belle"
7. Canadian Warplane Heritage
8. N728G Red / White Douglas Dc-3
9. Tico Belle
10. Cavanaugh Flight Museum's D-Day Bird "C8"
11. Clay Lacy's "United"
12. CAF "Black Sparrow"
13. Dan Gryder's Red / Silver DC-3
14. Piedmont Airlines N44V
Maybe a handful (one or two realistically) of BT-67's?
Any others that could be considered?